What to bring
A small bag with child’s name on the outside containing the items as suggested below:
Friendly tip: Label all items coming from home with your child’s name, to ensure that any lost property arrives back home.
- Hat – Please ensure that the hat has a wide brim or is a legionnaires style. It must cover the face and ears of your child. Hats can be left at the Centre, clearly labelled in the child’s locker.
- Old or play clothing is best suited to take the strain of the day’s activities as the children participate in messy art and craft activities and outdoor play each day.
- All children’s belongings must be clearly labelled with the child’s name (including shoes & socks.)
- Remember to check your child’s bag every day for dirty clothing. Please wash and return all clothes borrowed from the Centre ASAP.
- Singlet tops or strappy dresses where the shoulders are not suitable due to exposure to the sun. (Please see our Sun Policy.)
- Long flowing dresses are not appropriate play clothing as they limit children’s gross motor movement.
0-3 age group
- Three changes of clothes and socks per day keeping in mind weather conditions and possible changes in weather.
- Elastic waist pants rather than overalls or buttons and zips for those children who are toilet training.
- 4-6 pairs of underpants (when commencing toilet training).
- Clothing with leg fastenings for nappy changing.
- A daily home nappy is to be supplied by the parent/guardian.
3-5 age group
- One complete change of clothes. Spare clothing to accommodate all weather conditions, especially early mornings or evenings.
- 2-3 spare pairs of underpants. (Accidents can still happen)
- Sensible footwear e.g. shoes and sandals. Thongs, gumboots or clogs are not considered suitable to enable children to play safely.
All clothing, footwear, bag etc. need to be clearly labelled, so that staff can return all items to their correct owner. Lost property is located on the front deck. Please check this regularly. Items not collected will be given to charity after a period of 1 month.
Please dress your child in comfortable clothing that is easily removed for toileting and suitable for running, climbing, painting and playing in materials such as sand, water etc.
Make sure your child is also wearing safe, comfortable shoes.
Parents are also requested to apply SPF30+ broad-spectrum water resistant sunscreen to their children before they arrive at the centre each morning. One hat will be provided at the time of enrollment and remains at the preschool so it is not lost or forgotten.
We advise that singlet type tops are not to be worn. In summer, this choice of clothing is inappropriate as children are more exposed to the sun. Please see our Sun Protection Policy on our website or at the back of this handbook for more information