1. Rights and Responsibilities
PLEASE READ VERY CAREFULLY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE FAQ BEFORE REGISTERING. PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM INDICATES THAT YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER FOR OR PARTICIPATE.
To join our Wait List we have terms and conditions that we would like to highlight to you prior to entering your child’s details. These include the Government Priority of Access Guidelines for Child Care Services, Wait List application fee and the requirement to keep your details up todate.
What are the Priority of Access Guidelines – The guidelines only apply to approved child care. They are used when there is a waiting list for a child care service or when a number of parents are applying for a limited number of vacant places.Every approved child care service has to abide by the guidelines and tell you about them when you enrol your child into care.
- Priority 1—a child at risk of serious abuse or neglect.
- Priority 2—a child of a parent (or both parents if you have a partner) who satisfies the Government’s
work, training, study test.
- Priority 3—any other child.
Within these main categories priority should also be given to:
- children of single parents.
- children in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families
- children in families which include a disabled person
- children in families which include an individual whose adjusted taxable income does not exceed the lower income threshold of $38,763 for 2010-2011, or who or whose partner is on income support
- children in families from a non-English speaking background
- children in socially isolated families
A childcare Service may require a PRIORITY 3 child to vacate a place to make room for a child with a higher priority. They can only do so if you:
- are notified when your child first entered care that your service follows this
- are given at least 14 days notice for your child to vacate
For any enquires please visit www.mychild.gov.au or call the hotline on 1800 670 305
- Wait List Application Fee – All families are required to pay a $25 application fee to go onto our Wait List. This fee is non-refundable. You will be directed to PAYPAL after completing your child’s details.
- It is the parents responsibility to ensure that your family details are accurate and up to date. Once you have enrolled on our Wait List, you will be sent a link during the year as a reminder to update your details or you will be able to go into the Wait List and update your details at any time.
- There is a minimum two-day attendance requirement for all children in the Nursery and Preschool.There are no minimum attendances for Before and After School Care
- Siblings or existing families will be given priority for places at the centre should a vacancy arise before going to the Wait List.
- All Pre-School children (3-5 year olds) must be toilet trained if offered a place.
- The majority of places are all offered in January when our preschool children leave to go to school. There are no guarantees of any places mid-year unless children move or leave the centre.